1.6.13

Leaving

~ I wasn't able to say anything until my dad officially resigned as a missionary, but in the beginning of April, a family decision was made and my parents will be moving back to the states in the very near future. This is a post written when I first found out they were leaving~
All the family in July 2011, including my older sister & her youngest daughter (in the baby carrier!) who came to visit, along with my two brothers visiting from the states. 


I didn't see it coming. I never thought this day would come. It is so unlike me to not be realistic. I suppose in my mind I just pictured all of us living here forever. It's home. Our home.

My parents are retiring as missionaries and moving back to America. My younger sister, Arianna, has struggled with severe health problems in the past 2 years. She is believed to have rheumatoid arthritis along with fibromyalgia, scoliosis, and an autoimmune spinal inflammatory disease. We've exhausted every option here, seeing doctors from around the country. She continues to worsen and still hasn't gotten any answers or relief. So it's time for them to go.

The thing I always appreciated the most about my dad, is that he puts his family before the ministry. I always knew my dad would sacrifice the ministry a thousand times before he sacrificed us. It was always a comfort, made me feel loved, safe, and gave me the strength I needed to face each new day. He is the best father in the world and I appreciate his example to others on balancing ministry and family. He has done a great work here in Romania, he will be missed so much!

As a family we've been "in the ministry" full time since 2000. The years have flown. I look back with bittersweet memories...mostly glad it's all over. Being a MK (missionary kid) is so crazy hard. People have no idea. The pressures and stress of church politics along with living in a foreign land, it's not for the weak. But through it all my family remained closely knit and I think that is the reason we got through all the crap thrown our way. Even though it was tough at times, I am grateful for the experience, it's been a really good 13 years.

I'm so happy for my parents and Arianna. They deserve all the luxuries in the world, including friends, a good church to attend (english services! yay!), an indoor toilet (nope we don't have an indoor loo at this point!), and a stress free, relaxing life. I really pray that their life and future back in the states will be blessed beyond measure. I pray they succeed in every way and most of all I wish them happiness!
The family (minus my oldest sister who couldn't make it!) plus my sister-in-law (far right in blue) at our wedding in August 2011. 
This is such a huge change. For me, for all of us. I never thought we'd be so far apart. I can't imagine how I'll feel when they are gone. A part of my heart will be missing. But for now, I'm going to dwell in the moment, focus on today, and take it one step at a time! I need to make some memories. Before I know it, they'll be gone.

Arielle

4 comments:

  1. I can't imagine how hard this will be for all of you. Living states away is hard enough, let alone countries away. I will be praying for you all as you make this hard transition, as well as Arianna getting the best help possible! xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray that you will find peace and strength during this time of change. I can't imagine how difficult saying goodbye to family will be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I can't imagine what you must be feeling right now Arielle!! But you and your whole family will be in my prayers!!

    Love you,
    Manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, and I was feeling hit hard by my sister moving across the continent. I'll be praying for your whole family, but it sounds like this is the right choice!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie