4.6.13

Family Changes

If you didn't read my last post, Leaving, go and read it now and then come back to this one! Otherwise you might get confused. :)
Our last missionary family photo before I got married. March 2011
My parents are leaving. My family is leaving. My best friends. My closest companions. Those of us left behind all feel the hole in our hearts, things just won't be the same. But God is with us all and I know he will give us the strength we need to get through this change. I'll be ok, I keep telling myself that. And I know I will be. I am a strong person, used to being alone, and we do have a good life here. I need to make the most of it.

My parents are leaving us their house and land here in Romania. I am awed by their generous gesture of love towards my husband and I. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed, scared, but blessed by this huge new responsibility. I don't want to fail, I don't want to waste this opportunity and gift we've been given.

It's all so bittersweet. Both families are faced with new beginnings, bright and full of hope. But with that fresh start will come a goodbye, and that is something none of us are trying to think about but all know has to happen.

So forgive me for the scattered blogging that has happened, and will continue on for a little while longer. Things are just crazy around here! We'd appreciate your prayers, we could sure use a few.

Love,
Arielle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie