18.2.13

A New Week, A Fresh Start

 Am I the only one who loves Monday's? Honestly, they are the best day of the week. I love the feeling of a fresh start, I love looking ahead and making plans for the next 7 days. Lately I've been in a rut. I think it is just the Winter blues combined with having been in a bad flare due to RA. I'm feeling better though, physically and mentally as well. I had a lovely kickoff this morning as I woke up to a giggly baby who is learning to blow raspberries, and a cheerful hubby who got to come home from work early. Since he works as a psychologist at a school, his schedule depends on theirs, so if they have something going on many times he gets off early! I love his job! ^_^

{remnants of an early morning nap}
{plaid makes me happy}
{my bright eyed baby girl}

So I'm looking forward to the week in front of me, I've already started my to-do list and I have lots to do! I might not get much of it done but I like to at least try. I'm learning that moms need to be flexible, you might have your day planned to a T and it might just fall apart. And that's ok. :-) I've always been a flexible person, but this is a new kind of flexible so I think I'm still getting used to it! Maria is starting to have a more structured schedule though, and I'm enjoying being able to get back (somewhat) a routine. On another note, I haven't been out of the house in ages. Like, seriously, I can't remember the last time I was out.  I've been tempted to go around the village with my husband a few times to the local store and stuff, but TB is going around here right now so I'm kinda trying to avoid people. It's really not such a serious sickness like people think, I've actually had it before. But I'd still like to not get it. Or baby to get it. :-\  So yeah. I am getting a little bit of cabin fever. 

My to-do list is looking something like this right now;
-pedicure! {you can see where my highest priorities lie haha}
-pack up too-small baby clothes
-put together new Ikea dressers {yay}
-change crib sheets {we've been co-sleeping but I'm going to attempt to start switching her over to her crib!}
-fix shower {ahem. i broke it.}
-do an outfit post!
-plan an at-home date night with hubs.
-bake ANYTHING.
-take a few walks. even short ones. I have to get out!

>>>>>><<<<<<

What is on your to-do list this week?


3 comments:

  1. Your little one is SO CUTE!!!! This week I need to work on school, practice the piano, flute and violin :) And attempt to finish my cross-stitch. I've only been working on it for 6 months ;) I hope you have a wonderful week!!!

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pedi is on my list, too. And some sewing projects, finish reading the book I'm in right now, and baking a few things. Maria is so cute! She is looking so big already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well today I didn't have school cuz of President's Day so that was a huge plus!!! :) But my to-do list for TODAY is going to be working on homework, planning for a sleepover with my bestie this coming weekend, and... I'm not sure what else! lol

    Have an awesome week Marie!!

    Love,
    manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie