1. Make popcorn and watch a movie together. Something you both like (if not take turns choosing?) and no other media/technology allowed! Who wants to watch a movie with someone if they are focused on their phone or iPad the whole time? So snuggle up on the couch like you love each other, and enjoy a good movie!
2. Play the Wii together. We like the plain old Sports Resort, I don't know why we don't play more often! Make it fun by giving the winner a prize; breakfast in bed, a massage...whatever floats your boat. :)
3. Play the newlywed game! We've never done it before so I'm planning on us doing it soon. Looks fun! Dating Diva's has a free printable version you can check out here.
4. Pull out a board game. Monopoly is my favorite, I have a brand new version in Romanian that has never been opened...I think it would be perfect for a long date night!
5. As far as games, there are lots of options! How about a simple card or dice game? They are so easy and can be really fun when played with your spouse. :)
6. Puzzles are a good slow option if you're just up for some conversation and company. I've always wanted to frame a finished puzzle, maybe I'll put that on my bucket list for the year!
7. Watch a TV show together. My husband and I both enjoy a lot of the same shows and enjoy going through past seasons! Last year we went through Heroes, this year we might go through Lost.
8. Indulge in a little gourmet. Pick up small amounts of special cheeses to try, along with crackers, a baguette, fresh grapes and something fancy to drink. If cheese isn't your thing, how about fancy ice cream that you usually wouldn't spring for?
9. Go through a couples devotional or challenge together. I'm getting ready to order The Love Dare and A Couple After God's Own Heart, and am so looking forward to spending some quality spiritual time with my husband!
10. Have an indoor picnic by putting a blanket on the floor. (I really want to do this!) You could make it as gourmet or simple as you wish! Just be sure to include a deliciously dessert. :)
Do you have any stay at home date night ideas?