1.12.12

December 1st.


Just a mess of scattered thoughts tonight!

1. Can you believe November is gone? That was a crazy fast month. Probably so much for me because of the baby I suppose! :) I'm so glad December is here though, it is one of my favorite months of the year. 

2. I love Christmas. I love when the stores bring out the lights + trees, I love hearing cheerful Christmas music, I love thinking up great presents to give my friends and family. But this year I'm feeling grinch-y. I've already starting plans and got some gift shopping done...I'm just not feeling the Christmas spirit yet. I think I need some snow. And to set up my tree. That might just do the trick. Christmas tree lights are always a pick-me-up!

3. A family member upgraded to a new phone, so guess who got the hand me down? :-) It's an iPhone 4s, so that's a pretty nice hand me down! I'm enjoying having an iPhone again and loving the camera. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood to pull out my DSLR, so my phone camera (and instagram!) gets used a lot....as you can see from all the photos of the sweet baby above. ^_^

4. Speaking of baby, :) Maria is nearly a month old! I can't believe it. She is such a good girl, I feel so blessed with her! Her colic makes the nighttime rough, but no matter how exhausted I get...cuddling with her next to the wood stove in the morning makes up for it all. I love mornings with Maria. She is wide awake and takes in the world around her with her beautiful eyes. It's a nice quiet time of the day for the both of us and I enjoy it very much. :-)

5. Can I just say that it is sooo good to not be pregnant anymore? Don't get me wrong, I loved being pregnant and had a very good experience, but 9 months is plenty long enough. Ok. I hate to admit this, but I think I've given myself more pedicures in the past 3 weeks than in my last 3 months of pregnancy. (!) Hey, until you know what it is like to have a watermelon strapped on to your belly, don't judge. I'm enjoying being able to easily shave my legs, paint my toes and tie my shoes again. It's good to sleep on my stomach again. It's nice to be back into normal clothes again. I definitely need to do some shopping soon, but at least I've got more than sweats to wear again. :-) 

Guess that's all I have to say today. I want to wish everyone a wonderful month of December! Enjoy the holidays and all the beautiful things that go along with it. Spend time with your family. Feel free to relax and cherish life. Stay up late. Shop too much. Bake lots of goodies. Make memories with the people you love! :-)

XO,
Marie

2 comments:

  1. Ohmygoodness Maria looks soooo much like you!!!!!!!!!!!! :) All those pictures are just presh. :) I'm enjoying getting to be in the nursery every Sunday cuz I get to spend an hour and a half with the sweetest little cuddlebugs. :) Its soo much fun!!!

    Love,
    Manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, Marie! And a wonderful reminder as well. ;) Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie