4.11.12

Somewhere I'd Like To Visit, Again {30 Day Challenge}

I am not much of a world traveler, considering I've been living out of country for over 5 years! Sadly, I've not been to many foreign countries or exotic places. But one thing I have done is travel the USA. A lot. In fact I spent about 6 years of my life doing just that, traveling America. While living on the road gets pretty old after awhile, and now I'm thankful to be settled into one place again and have a "real" home (a.k.a. not one on wheels,) I am so thankful to have had the privilege to see so much of my home country! I've gotten to see many beautiful and awe-inspiring places, and it is really difficult to choose just one place I'd love to visit again. So even though it took a few moments to narrow it down, I think I have my choice.

New York City

 (all images via pinterest)
I lived in this massive city for quite a few years and got to know it in detail. I wandered down the streets so many times, found all the little hidden corners and spots that few knew about. I knew exactly where to find the best pizza, bagels, coffee, bookstores, views, parks, and shopping. It's now been several years since I've last been there, in fact, I don't think I've been back for an official visit since I lived there! Someday I'd love to go back, along with my husband. I'm so curious to see how I view it all now, all these years later. I want to show him the city. Take him beyond the typical tourist points and into the real world of New York. I don't think a trip like this will happen any time remotely soon, but who knows...maybe some day I'll get to go back and share with my husband part of my life from the past. :-)

What is a favorite place of yours that you'd love to visit again?

XO
Marie


5 comments:

  1. Could you post some of the less toursity places? My next hopeful destination is NYC and would love to know the best of the best places to go =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to NYC. Really crowded areas aren't my thing. There is a National Park in California that I'd like to visit again sometime. The views are break-taking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would LOVE to go back to Hong Kong. My favorite place.

    xoxo
    Stacey Kay
    Parlor City Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  4. One place I would love to go back to is Wyoming. I never lived there, but the fam went on a vaca there several years back, so I was really young and would love to go back and see it from the perspective of an older me. :)

    And I have yet to go to NYC, but I plan on doing it someday!

    Love,
    Manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie