25.11.12

Me, A Mom?


I'm not sure if it has quite sunk in yet that I'm a mommy now. I look down at the little munchkin on my bed next to me and it's so hard to believe she's mine. Harder still to believe something so active and alive I carried inside of me for 39 entire weeks. Babies really are something incredible and so amazing. How can people see such a little miracle and not believe in God? Back to being a mommy. Everyone keeps asking me, "how does it feel?" and to be honest I don't have a straight answer. At least not yet. Maybe I'm the only one out there, but I still feel like I'm adjusting! Little munchkin and I already have a pretty steady routine going... sleep in late, feed the baby, change her diaper, spend mommy/baby time in bed, move to the couch next to the stove where it's warm, sleep some more, she eats breakfast, I eat breakfast once she is sleeping again, she gets up and I feed her again, change her diaper, she goes back to sleep.... I could go on but I think you get the point. Right now, it's a lot of sleeping, eating, and watching I Love Lucy while we chill on the couch. It's been two weeks since we've been home and you'd think I'd get tired of the routine, but the truth is, I'm still tired! So the very basic lifestyle suits me just fine for the time being. I'm sure I'll be ready to get out again soon, back to a more exciting lifestyle like putting makeup on, baking cookies and doing more than just sleeping the day away. But for now, I'm enjoying the laid-back days. It feels good to not be pressured to go anywhere or get anything done. Lucky for me, my parents and sister are one door away so I get lots of help from them! I don't even have to worry about putting dinner on the table. It's quite nice. Back to what it feels like, being a mom. I'm not sure yet. I'm tired. I definitely am feeling the hormones! I think that I'm feeling more hormonal now than I did during my pregnancy. So yes, there have been lots of teary eyed moments in the past two weeks. My poor husband. Husbands just don't get why us women cry, just because we feel like crying! But he has been wonderful and very supportive. I couldn't ask for a better guy! :-) I let him sleep during the night, since he has work and I know he needs the rest. (plus I can sleep all day if I want!) But as soon as his morning alarm goes off he brings me hot tea and breakfast, and spends as much of his day possible helping out with the little one. He is head over heels and it melts my heart to see how much he adores her already! My goodness, listen to me ramble. Guess I can just blame it on the hormones again. I feel like a big jumbled mess of happy/tired emotions. :-) So I'll go for now before I get all mushy and stuff. Wishing everyone a blessed week!
XO
Marie

2 comments:

  1. It's nice that you have some relaxing days with your new little one. Enjoy this special time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww those sound like my kind of days! I can't wait until *Lord-willing* the days I get to cuddle with a baby of my own! But I'm sure that won't be for a long time yet. :)

    Also, just keep those baby pictures coming! Maria is precious and I love looking at pictures of her.

    Love,
    Manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie