18.9.12

Upcoming Fashion Event + Fall Fashion


Simple Delights and Through the Lilac Bushes are hosting an upcoming modest fashion event. :-)
With fun themes, and prizes, you don't want to miss out. I'm going to try and participate if I can, and if you'd like to know more about it, click HERE to read the original post. Autumn is such a lovely time of the year, especially when it comes to fashion. I think it must be my favorite! Perfect temperatures with a crisp coolness in the air and warm sunshine on your face. It doesn't get any better! I thought I'd share with you today my Fall fashion must-haves.

BOOTS
Tall ones. Short ones. Brown ones. Black ones. Suede or leather. Zippers or laces. There are so many options out there, you are sure to find the perfect one for you. My personal faves were a heeled brown suede pair with a sophisticated western feel, They fell apart on me a few years ago and I've yet to find a replacement! Boots are great because they can help greatly into transitioning an outfit to make it Fall appropriate, and they also keep your legs a little big warmer.

TIGHTS + TALL SOCKS
I could not live without these essentials during the Autumn season. Tights make practically anything appropriate for the new season (okay maybe not everything, but lots of things!). I have a pretty big stash of basics like black and brown, but also a lot of fun colors like fuchsia, teal, hunter green and whatever catches my eye. It can brighten up an outfit and add so much life and spunk. I also have a thing for tall socks. Tall meaning...at least knee high, preferably thigh high because socks tend to scrunch down while walking. These are great to layer over tights when you want more warmth (wool are the best!), but are also a fun addition to your outfit and add a lot of personal style.

CARDIGANS
Oh goodness. How could we have Autumn without cardigans? Actually, I wear my cardigans nearly year around, however this past Summer was so darn hot I packed mine into the back of the closet and didn't wear them once! So you can bet that I am excited that Autumn has finally arrived and I can wear them again. :) Cardigans, like tights, are essential to layering. You can make so many things work for Autumn by simply adding a cardigan!

BEANIES
This one probably isn't an must-have for everyone, but my ears are usually the first thing to get cold so I love wearing hats. They make a big difference in staying warm! Beanies come in all shapes and styles so again, I'm sure everyone can find one just for them.
>>>>>><<<<<<
These are just a few things I use a lot during the Autumn season, in transitioning my wardrobe for cooler temperatures. Now I'd love to hear from you!

What are some of your Autumn Essentials?

XO,
Marie



1 comment:

  1. all those are fall must haves for me too!! i have an obsession with fall fashion. lol i just love sloucy berets/beanies!! :) can't wait to see what u come up with. :)

    love,
    manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie