3.9.12

Special Request! Please Read! :-)


See this beautiful young lady? This is my (not-so-little-anymore) sister, Arianna. She has had an incredibly tough year after being diagnosed with Arthritis. A disease with no cure and near crippling effects on your body. She lives in constant pain every day, sometimes not being able to walk on her own or do simple everyday tasks that most of us probaby take for granted. Most nights she only averages 2 or 3 hours of sleep. All of these sudden changes in her life and to her body have been overwhelmingly difficult for her as you can imagine. Being yet still a teen, it is hard to accept the fact that your body will never feel young again.

But this young lady isn't just anyone, she is the strongest person I know. Even though she goes to bed every night dreading another sleepless night, only to wake up in the morning to face yet more pain.....she remains full of grace and kindness. She, out of anyone I know has the true heart of a servant...always eager and willing to step in and lend a hand despite what goes on in her own personal life. She smiles through the pain, ands does whatever she can to bring sunshine and cheerfulness into other peoples lives. I am so proud of my little sister, and how strong she has been in the past year through all these trials. She is a huge inspiration to me and I love her so much!!

So, why did I say all of that? Well, Arianna has a birthday this week. And I have a very special request to ask of you today. If you have the chance, I'd love for anyone reading this post to take a few minutes out of your day to send her a quick email or e-card to wish her a Happy Birthday. I want this year's birthday to be big and special, so I'm asking you for some much needed help! I didn't want to share her personal email address publically, so I set up a special account just for this occasion. Please, if at all possible, send her some birthday love to brighten up her week! If you'd like you are also free to spread the news and post a link back to this post on your blog to get the word out! :-) I would appreciate it so much. My sister means the world to me and I'd love to see this year's birthday overflowing with love and support from people all over the world.

Send all of your emails and cards to this email address

birthdaygirlarianna at gmail dot com

Thank you so much!
Love,
Marie

5 comments:

  1. i'm doing that right now!!!! :) and wow does she look like you!!! i love the name arianna... its so pretty and elegant sounding. :)

    love,
    manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two really look a lot alike! :) I'm going to go send something right now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending her a message right now. You're a great sister for doing this, Marie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sending one right now - you two look so alike; you're both so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed it...:(... Happy late birthday Arianna!!!:) Hope your day was BIG!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie