9.9.12

So Much To Thank Him For


In the past week I celebrated so much. 

The birthday of two siblings, both whom I love so much and care about with all of my heart. In the past year I've grown somewhat a part from them, yet in other ways drawn closer. No matter our differences, I'm thankful God put them in my life and can't imagine life without them here. A big family is a blessing and I love all of my brothers and sisters a lot! 

I passed the 31 week mark in my pregnancy! Half scary, half amazing. :-) The weeks are flying by, I can't believe our little girl will be here soon. As the days go by she gets bigger and bigger (mom too! haha) and as much as I get irritated (already) when she kicks my ribs at bedtime, I still love feeling her inside of me. This week I read some stories about women who hated being pregnant and looked back on it as the most horrible time in their life. I'm not through with being pregnant yet so I probably don't have a say in the discussion...but after reading those kind of statements from different women, I felt so blessed that God granted me such a wonderful pregnancy thus far. I'm happy. I feel loved. I feel feminine, beautiful. I feel incredibly special. And I can honestly say that I'm going to look back on this time with fond memories! God is so good.

I also celebrated my 21st birthday! Yes, I know...lots of family birthdays this month! :-) My birthday always makes me thoughtful and full of nostalgia as I look back on the year gone behind me. It's been a harder year that I would have expected, in many ways the most difficult I've faced so far. I feel like I've failed in many ways, but I'm also proud of the (few! lol) accomplishments and growth in my personal life. No matter what trials I went through the last year, I still feel thankful for being given another year of life. It's a true gift from God! I look forward to the year before me, and am excited to see what will be in store for me. :-)

Last but not least... in case you've never read how I met my husband, you can read the post I wrote about it HERE. :-) But to make a long story short, we met on my birthday two years ago! Now that is definitely cause to celebrate. :-) In a lot of ways it feels more like an anniversary than the day we got married. I know I say it a lot, but I just couldn't say it enough. I am the luckiest girl in the world. No, I didn't marry a perfect man. He drives me crazy. He makes me mad. We disagree and argue. We are not that picture perfect couple like you see in the movies. But I love that man. So much. And really, the good times will always outweigh the bad. As often as he makes me mad, he makes up for it by making me the happiest girl on the planet. He puts up with my crazy American self. He takes better care of me than I deserve. Loves me unconditionally. I couldn't ask for a better husband! :-) And now we're having a baby together and the whole thing is just ... perfect. As imperfect as we are, together our life really is perfect. I know I am not making any sense. Okay. I'll stop rambling now.

I guess I just feel overwhelmed with gratitude today and feel the need to get it all out. God has blessed me more than I deserve and today, I just feel thankful for it all. 
XOXO
Marie



6 comments:

  1. Your writing is so sweet, Marie. It would be interesting to hear you say that in person. Would you consider doing a vlog for us sometime? :)

    And also, Happy Belated Birthday! You're actually not that much older than me really. If that makes any sense at all, lol. :D Anyway, very sweet post and it totally made me smile as I read it. :)

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, MARIE!!!! Btw, when is your birthday??? This means you are only three years older than me!! Kind of a scary thought... like I could be married in two years and pregnant....

    And that picture of you and your hubby is adorable. You guys are so darn cute. :)

    Love,
    Manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! I have two siblings with close birthdays to mine too. :) I love the picture of you and your husband; you're so cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize I'm older than you! Only by a year, though! I love hearing you ramble about how much you love your family, husband, and baby, so thanks for sharing the love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday!!! I love the picture you posted. You can see all the love shared between you and your husband and between the two of you and your baby.

    I'm with Nela, would you ever consider doing a vlog? That would be really nice!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie