22.8.12

Baby Things


Very slowly I have started collecting some things for my little girl while waiting for her arrival this Fall. My mom even found some old things I had saved and set aside....from my brothers and sisters when we were babies...with the hope that someday I'd get the chance to use them on my own babies. :-) It makes it so much more real, every time I look over to see those tiny baby things sitting on top of my dresser. As nervous as I sometimes get about the future, the truth is that I'm overwhelmed with happiness and can't wait to have her in my arms and see her face to face!

It still seems somewhat strange to me that I'll be a mom soon. It feels like yesterday I was 10 years old, next to my best friend happily playing with our dolls together, just dreaming of the day we'd be all grown up and have our own kids! That same best friend is actually arriving here tomorrow for a 2 month long visit, you have no idea how much I've looked forward to it! We've always been special friends....definitely had our ups and downs throughout the years, but in the end we always make it through and to this day remain close. I am so thankful that God has allowed me to have a few good friends like that. I've had some bad experiences in the past that have nearly made me doubt the concept of even having friends...but then I'm reminded by the few true friends in my life, that good friends might be hard to find, but they are out there and I for one feel really blessed by the ones that I have. :-) 

Well I'm just in a rambling sort of mood today aren't I? :-) Actually I have some serious house cleaning to tackle today along side my mom, so I should probably move away from my computer and get started on that. :-) Wishing everybody a lovely week and a fantastic day. Love, Marie


3 comments:

  1. Awww those baby clothes are just precious!! I love the first little outfit. What does the shirt say that has the foreign language on it? ;)

    Love,
    Manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww!!! I bet you're getting soooo excited!:) Baby things are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...baby clothes are so cute! The smocked dresses and the sweater...almost makes your arms ache for a little one doesn't it?

    Friends are lovely things to have when they are true friends. This is funny because I am working on a post right now about friends. The only thing left to do is find a good copy of the some Faithful Friends (by Twila Paris and Steven Curtis Chapman) on youtube or try to make my own...

    Have a good day Marie!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie