29.7.12

Sometimes.

Somethings things change rather quickly don't they? Sometimes life takes us down a road we weren't planning on taking. Sometimes our plans aren't what God has planned for us. Sometimes life just has a different idea.

This has happened to me so many times in my life, and once again it's happened again. I shouldn't be so surprised, after all if anything I should be very used to it! Last minute changes. Sudden changes. Surprising changes. Huge life altering changes. If I could use one word to describe my life life thus far....I'd say change.

If you've been reading my blog for any time at all I'm sure you know that my husband has been away, working in England. The contract signed was for 6 long months. But after struggling with dishonest employers who kept breaking the contract and adding new elements to the job that weren't discussed previously...not to mention not getting paid. (hey, I'm the angry pregnant wife here who is overprotective of my husband! you don't even want to to get me started!) My husband and the company mutually parted ways. Being the determined man he is (I really married a good one, I tell you...) within two 2 days he already had two new confirmed jobs in London ready to start. But after some thoughtful praying and discussion, my husband decided it was best to come home.

Home.

Such a sweet word! Keep in mind, all of this happened literally within a few days. It was all so rushed and actually rather stressful (!) but before I knew it I was on the way to the airport with my dad to go pick him up! You have no idea how nervous I was to see him again, isn't that funny? It must have taken me an hour to pick out what I was going to wear. :-) When I saw him come through the doorway with his baggage I couldn't hold back my huge smile, and I swear it's been on my face ever since. :-)

I have regrets that his job didn't work out. I am so sorry he had to experience such a bad employer. But plans change....life makes crazy fast turns that sometimes we don't understand. But that's ok. You have to have enough grace and humility to just go with the flow. Accept the change. Be willing to take another route. And you know what? God really does know what he is doing when it comes to our lives. Since my husband made the decision to come home, other opportunities and windows have been opened. It really all worked out for the best! Of course, I couldn't be happier. After all, I'm back in his arms. We're together. And to me... that is all that matters. :-)
This photo of my sweetheart and I, was taken this morning after church. You don't have to say it. I know I look huge! I actually feel really good in this dress. All girly and stuff. ^_^ But I know it probably isn't the most figure flattering. Let's face the fact that I look like a whale. Or maybe a dump truck. After saying all of that, I'm not sure why I am even POSTING such a photo but ah, it's ok. What fun is a blog if you don't keep things real. :-)

If you actually read through this entire post, I applaud you. I know that I can be quite the rambler. :-) Thank you for being such sweet followers! I really appreciated all the support and amazing comments and emails that I received in the past few weeks. It really touched my heart and meant so much to me!

Wishing everybody a lovely Sunday... as happy as mine. :-)

Marie


7 comments:

  1. I love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so sorry to hear about the job not working out (Girl, I would be mad at them too! ;) Lol!) but I'm happy to hear that seems to already be working in this. I told Ena, I'm praying for you guys - I know this kind of thing is so super stressful and discouraging. Keep your chin up. :) I love your outlook.

    Aww, no you do NOT look like a whale, nor do you look like a fire truck (I myself have never seen a pink fire truck). ;) You look lovely and pink is my favorite color! Love your pearl bracelet! And you both look so SWEET in this photo - those plants and the stone make a beautiful backdrop.

    Love and Prayers my friend! :D
    ~Rachel~

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your husband is home, I'm sure it will be nice for you to have him around again. And you DON'T look like a whale, seriously! That color is really good on you!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww...so glad your husband is home with you again! Praise the Lord he has found something else. And you look lovely! That is such a good color for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, sorry it didn't work out for your husband, but so happy that you two, er excuse me... THREE, of you can be back together again!! And i think you look GORGEOUS in that picture. Pink is a wonderful color on you!! Where'd you get the dress, btw???

    Love,
    Manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't ever apologize for rambling! We're here to hear you! Sorry it didn't work out for your husband, but isn't it wonderful that God has it all under control?

    ReplyDelete
  7. God always knows what is best, isn't he amazing! I'm sorry that your hubby's job didn't work out, but happy for you that he is HOME! And you are absolutely adorable, not even close to a whale or dump truck. Seriously, I hope that if I'm ever someday blessed with kiddos I look half as cute as you do! : )

    Blessings,
    Tessa
    proverbs31wannabe-tessa.blogspot.com

    P.S. I love rambling posts....

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie