1.7.12

I'm Having a Baby

(all photos via weheartit.com)
I suppose that it is a pretty normal thing for girls to grow up wanting to be moms. It was never a sole focus of mine, in fact... marriage wasn't even something I thought about a lot. I wasn't the kind of girl to have a dozen baby names already picked out, have a hope chest in my room, and know what kind of wedding dress I'd wear on my big day. Sure, I thought about it, and definitely wanted it...someday. I just wasn't really in a hurry yet so I never gave it all much thought. Then the unexpected happened and my prince charming dropped into my life out of no where. Two different cultures, two different countries, from different backgrounds, religions, and worlds. I never would have thought that all of that... would have turned into this. God truly worked wonders in our lives. He molded us into this. He took our two different lives and meshed it into one beautiful life. And now that beautiful shared life is expanding. (Um, literally. You don't want to know how many clothes I outgrew in the past week. But that's a different subject for another time!) We're having a baby. I'm having a baby. With him. That is just crazy. If you would have told me that when I first met my husband, I wouldn't have believed one bit of it. Everything happened so fast, it fell into place so perfectly. God really does write good stories you know. Way better than the ones you read in books or see on film. Ours is better, because ours is real. This life together, our love for each other, the precious baby girl inside me...it's real. And every day when I look down to see that pretty little girl squirming inside of me, it dawns on me... that this is really happening!
My life is a fairy tale written by the hands of The Creator, and what a wonderful and amazing life it is. I am so blessed!
Marie


2 comments:

  1. So happy for you and your husband! God is good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This was beautiful!!! The pictures are so presh. :) I'm so excited for you and your hubby!

    Love,
    Manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie