7.6.12

Day 7 {15x15 Remix} + Gender Announcement!

Yesterday, I had you guys guess the baby's gender in the comment section below my post, the results were:

Boy = 5
Girl = 4

Sorry to disappoint the lead guessers but,

It's a girl!


In my heart I had a feeling that it would be a girl...it just runs in the family! Firstborn sons are rare for us. :-)  My husband is sooo stinking happy, he couldn't wipe the smile off his face for the rest of the day after we found out and kept saying "wow, we're gonna have a little girl!" He is already freaking out about her teenager years and making plans to keep the boys away. ^_^  I'm also super excited, girls are just so much fun! To be honest I'd be equally happy with either gender...not to mention I'm not entirely convinced that the ultrasound is 100% correct all the time so IMO there is still a chance it could be a boy. ^_^  I'm so old fashioned sometimes...when will I start trusting technology? 

Pink Top// H&M. Black Cardigan// Eddie Bauer. Skinny Jeans// Cato. Riding Boots// Tamaris. 
(I decided to switch out my purple flowered top for this pink H&M one!)

I had some trouble gaining weight in the beginning of my pregnancy, probably because I was a little underweight to begin with. So my doctor was happy to see that I've gained about 5 kilos (11 pounds) in the past month! Overall the baby and I are doing just fine and are healthy and strong, so I am content and happy about that. I can't believe that I'm already in my 5th month of pregnancy. Time has been flying by so quickly! Some recent highlights have been:

-Feeling the baby move! For a few weeks I was feeling light flutters but for the past week it has been a lot stronger and very noticeable. Her strong little kicks are the first thing I wake up to every morning and it never fails to bring a smile to my face! I feel so blessed!

-Listening to my husband making future plans for our little girl. From new name ideas, to where she'll go to school, what kind of entourage he wants her to not be around, and not understanding why girls love pink so much... He is just amazing. Obviously it is exciting to hear him to excited about our baby, but it is also sweet and comforting to know that he is already so involved and I know will continue to be! He is gonna be a really good dad. ^_^

-My cravings thus far have mainly consisted of fresh fruit (I'm loving fruit salad!), salted peanuts, anything involving cheddar cheese or salsa, and garlic bagel chips. I still hate pickles just as much as I did before I was pregnant. :-)

-Getting sweet comments, emails, and messages from my friends and family(and blog readers!) asking about me and the baby. It really touches my heart to know that they care and I feel so loved. Plus it is a huge blessing to see how largely my baby is already loved!

Well I suppose that is enough ramblings from me for one day. I will be seeing you all tomorrow for day 8 of the 15x15 challenge. :-)
Until Then,
Marie





11 comments:

  1. You look so pretty in this dress. And i'm so happy for you! I'm happy that you're husband loves you and you're baby so much. That's a good start. May God be with you in this journey!
    Take care!=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! I hoped for a girl. :) Congrats!! The 1st pic is darling. And I think its so adorable how your husband is reacting. So sweet!

    love ya,
    manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww congrats on having a baby girl!! :) That is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...congratulations on your little girl! Little girls are so much fun to dress up and spoil and when they get older they are good companions, too. :) Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly and quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sweet baby girl! Congratulations! She's going to be so much fun!
    I know this is kinda early, but had you thought about Homeschool?
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I know this will be one blessed baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! So exciting! Little girls are so fun to dress up!!:) Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Maria,
    I'm so happy for you and your husband I bet you are going to be a wonderful mommy! You look so cute! I love your blog keep up the good work.
    Much love
    ~Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy for you!! Little girls ARE so much fun :) You look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats on your little girlie! My sister's first is a girl and we love her to pieces! That is so sweet about your husband! What a delightful gift from God!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY! I guessed correctly. ;) Congratulations and God bless!

    The Thrifty Life for Me

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie