4.5.12

Flicka Pt. 1 ~ {Polyvore}

I got a request by a lovely reader to do some fashion posts based off the movie, Flicka (2006). If you haven't seen the movie before, it a story about a girl and her mustang! You can click here to read more about the storyline and such. :-) As far as the main characters style, I would describe it as country/bohemian. You can usually find Katy dressed in jeans and boots, but I love her variety in pretty, feminine tops throughout the film! Her mom tends to go towards the more boho side of fashion, dressing often in flowing tops and maxi skirts. I love the jewelry in the movie... chunky, natural, and lots of color! So without any more ramblings I will just get to the sets I created for the post. :-) Enjoy!



Katy {Lace Dreams}



Just because you are tough country girl, doesn't mean you can't still be feminine and pretty! I love the contrast of leather and lace in this outfit, not to mention the beautiful jewelry accents.



Flicka {Freedom}



I don't remember seeing Katy wearing a dress, but I'd like to think she'd be okay wearing one like this. Paired with boots and a cute hat to shade from the sunshine... this would be cute for a weekend BBQ!



Katy {destiny}



Simple with sweet accents!



Katy {country strong}



This peasant style top looks cool and comfortable, not to mention the color is wonderfully feminine! And I have to say, those earrings are really great. I love the little pop of blue! :-)

~

This isn't so much a strict take on Flicka's fashion, I simple re-watched the film and started making outfits that I could imagine Katy and her mother wearing! :-) Hope you enjoyed! Part two will be coming soon. :-)
Marie

3 comments:

  1. Marie,

    ohmygosh you hit all the outfits right on the money!!!!!! I love this, so thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe

    Love,
    Manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    p.s. also, thank you so much for the comment you left on my blog about my 'future hubby list'. I will take to heart all that you said, and what all the other girls said too. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I've been loving turquoise lately, and so I love that turquoise necklace! In fact, all your accessories are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you incorporated the aqua.and turquoise accents to each of the outfits.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie