11.4.12

When The Future is Unknown

Trust God. Sounds easy right? It should be. It isn't. At least not for me. My human mind thinks too much. I have so many worries that assault me day to day. Some nights I lie awake with so much on my mind I can't seem to turn off. My head aches. I find it difficult to stay happy and positive. 



Trust. I'm learning. Again and again I learn! I have been through this before, it isn't the first time I felt uncertain and worried about the future. But like last time, and the time before, and the time before that...!! after a while I surrender my human worries and uncertainties to my God. Maybe one of these days I will actually turn it all over to Him before all those sleepless nights and headaches that anxiety brings!


Smile. I'm working on it. :-) It doesn't always come naturally, and sometimes crying is definitely an easier option! But I am strong because I know that I can do all things through Christ, and while I have reasons to cry, I have a lot more reasons to smile.


Be thankful. This is an important one isn't it? Thankfulness is so vital to happiness and contentment. And it is true, no matter how horrible you think your life is...someone else is always struggling more, hurting deeper, and having to fight harder than you. I try to remind myself of this daily!


He is always there. Isn't that a comfort? I know it is to my tired heart. When I'm at the end of my rope, when all hope seems to have gone and I'm feeling hurt, lost, and lonely. God is still there. He is always there! I need to print this photo out and hang it on my refrigerator. 


Choose joy. Because really, God is in control. He always is, always will be. My future lies in His hands. What a blessing. :-) He's got my back, I have no need to worry. So I'm going to choose joy. I figure that I don't have a reason not too, right? I hope this post wasn't depressing, if anything I just wanted to share with you what I've been going through, with the hopes that I might encourage someone else out there today. In our modern world, things are so complicated sometimes. Family, school, finances, friends, health. I know how overwhelming it can all get! But cheer up, sunshine. God is still there, and He is always in control. Leave your troubles at His feet and today... you can choose joy! :-)
Love,
Marie



(all prints can be found on pinterest!)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so, so much for this Marie Danielle! It spoke directly to me. I've been down a depressed today, about these very things! It was as if you were writing this to me. Thank you again! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Just wanted I wanted to hear. God works in wonderful ways. I don't even know how I stumbled upon your blog. I think God wanted me to see it so he could help me put things in perspective and speak to me. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie