30.4.12

{The First Trimester}

I have to say that I'm glad to see the end of my first trimester. As full of excitement as I've been, it is hard to keep your spirits up and smile on your face when you're always feeling under the weather! I can't complain too much though because from comparing myself to other friends pregnant before me, I know that I could be feeling much worse. :-) I am starting to have more energy as the days go by. A nice change from getting up to start a load of laundry only to feel the need to sit down and rest again! I feel like the laziest housewife ever, and am forever indebted to my husband who really has been taking care of almost everything for me. He really spoils me and I'm blessed to be married to such a kind and thoughtful man. Speaking of which... It is so wonderful to see my husband so happy about it all. He has been so involved and is really excited about the baby! It's just so darn cute. ^_^ He texts me name ideas throughout the day when he is at work, and always asks about my weekly updates ("how big is the baby now?"). Not to mention he freaks out if he forgets to kiss my belly every night before I go to sleep. Talk about melting this girl's heart! ^_^ He really is the sweetest. I'm one lucky girl.


The above photos really sum up my past 3 months pretty well. 
1. Lot's of hot tea in my favorite pig mug that husband gave me for Valentine's Day. Trying to cut down on caffeine but it is hard. Very hard. Not to mention a hot cup of Irish Creme is just so soothing when I'm having a bad day!
2. Lot's of time napping throughout the day. I'm actually tired of being tired. Who knew? I am so thrilled to finally be at the point where I'm only taking 1 nap a day. :-)
3. Lot's of goodies from my mother-in-law that I've been enjoying. Hey, saltine crackers get really boring after awhile. It is nice to change up the taste, shape and stuff once in a while. These little pretzel shaped cookies made with honey have become a staple. I can't even figure out where she buys them. They just magically appear in my kitchen cabinets. I'm lucky to have a nice mom - in - law! :-)

Some highlights from the first trimester:

-Had a scare at the beginning of my pregnancy and wasn't sure it was going to last for long. I am so thankful to God for taking care of me and my little blessing and I'm so happy to see that my baby is growing strong and healthy so far!
-I'm so thankful for my family being so kind and helpful in the past months. In not letting me overwork myself and reminding me to rest often. In being kind to my finicky appetite and going out of their way to make things for me to be able to eat. :-) In just being excited and as happy as I am about it. It is nice to know you're baby is already very loved!
-It has also been a fun adventure for my husband and I. It has drawn us closer in a lot of ways and I'm so thankful for God putting this amazing man into my life. As mentioned above earlier on in this post, he has just been completely wonderful in supporting me and being the best husband he can be. I am sure it is not fun to come home after a long day at work to a wife who is still in her pajamas, crying while watching Animal Planet for no reason, and won't eat any of the food you cook for her even though it used to be her favorite food on the planet. Poor man. But he has done astonishingly well and has made me feel truly loved and cherished. I'm blessed.
-At my last OB visit I got to hear the baby's heartbeat. As cheesy as it sounds, it made me smile every time I remembered it throughout my day!! It was really exciting and I can't wait to go with my husband next time so he can hear it too. :-)

Well that is enough pregnancy ramblings. I'll probably only do big updates every few months, with bits and pieces of what's going on in between. Let me know if I am being completely boring, and I'll try to make the pregnancy posts a little shorter. :-)
Love,
Marie


6 comments:

  1. This is soo sweet Marie!! :) You ARE truly blessed. I'm glad things are going better for you. Have you had a lot of bad morning sickness???

    Love,
    Manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you're feeling better now! Wow, you are a blessed lady. :) I'm sure you thank God everyday for such a caring husband.

    The Thrifty Life for Me
    http://thethriftylife4me.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hearing about your life and your hubby and your little one! So keep 'em coming! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boring? Not! I loved hearing your update!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pregnancy posts! Congratulations! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems like this is the year for new babies... My dear friend is having a boy, my cousin is having a girl, two other couples/friends just found out they're having babies in November. So sweet! <3 I love to hear pregancy updates! I look forward to the day when I have my own little one. Congratulations to you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie