27.4.12

Fashion Challenge + Important Announcement!




Today kicks off the 3 day fashion challenge being hosted by Natasha, Ashley, and Olivia! I am happy to be joining in and it feels good to be doing outfit posts again. For those of you who didn't check out this awesome challenge yourself, the basic idea is wearing 1 item for 3 days in 3 different ways! :-) For my 1 item I picked out my favorite pair of skinny jeans that I bought at Cato this past Winter. They are about 6 inches too long and I have been too lazy to go get them hemmed, so thus the classy rolled hem. I like these jeans because they are a slim flattering fit but not so tight you have to peel them off! :-) On to the photos!

Top// gift from a friend. Tank// H&M. Skinny Jeans// Cato. Black flats// borrowed from my sister ONCE and she swore I stretched them out even though I am only 1/2 a shoe size bigger so she then proceeded to give them too me. not sure what brand they are. ^_^
<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

And as for my super important announcement... I am sure you probably already guessed it from the photos above (not to mention the massive amounts of maternity fashion pins I've ben pinning on Pinterest lately!). Yes, I'm pregnant! :-) I've just hit the 3 month mark, so baby will be making his or her appearance sometime around November. My husband and I are thrilled and looking forward to this next phase in our life. I'm full of nerves and emotions at this sudden change, but I'm learning to trust my Jesus more and more and I can truly say that I feel so blessed to be carrying a child. :-) 

This probably explains my lack of outfit posts in the past few months most of all. To be honest, in the past 3 months my wardrobe has mostly consisted of leggings and my husbands sweaters! Now that I am started to feel a bit better I'm planning on, ahem, trying to look a little more human and of course I'll start blogging outfit posts again regularly. 

I'm so happy to finally announce my pregnancy on the blog... from now on I'm sure you'll hear bits and pieces about it more often...but I swear I won't turn into crazy mom mode and constantly post about baby stuff that no one will be interested in! ;-)

See you tomorrow with day 2 of this weekend's fashion challenge! 
Marie

18 comments:

  1. HOORAY!!! I've been analyzing all your maternity pins, but didn't want to ask... :) Wow, you don't look three months along already!

    THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY. And I'm looking forward to seeing your maternity style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I am so happy for u:-) I am so excited for you. I hope u have a wonderful pregnancy!

    Blessings,
    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! I didn't even think anything of it when I looked at the pictures, but OHMYGOSH I'm soooo happy/excited for you guys!!!!

    Love your outfit btw. :)

    Love ya lots,
    Manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOO HOO! :D I was SO excited to hear this, as I've been hoping that you would be soon. ;) Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!!! I've been waiting for this announcement! {I had a feeling even before your pins on Pinterest.} What can I say? I always know when friends are expecting {even before they announce it} and when they are going to get engaged. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you!!!!!!!!! ( I love your shirt by the way!)
    ~ALYSSA~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I super excited for you!!! <3 <3 I like how your jeans are rolled up. I do it to my own all the time. :)

    with love,
    Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww! Congratulations! I was feeling a bit awkward when I saw your pose I was like...okay...does she realize that pose makes me think she's pregnant?! :) *GRIN* I guess so! LOL! So Happy for you and your husband!
    Be sure to let me know if you're having a boy or a girl!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Marie,

    Congratulations, what a fun way to announce on your blog, I think you had a lot of people wondering about your pose. : D

    I love how your rolled your jeans, super cute! And your shirt is a great color on you.

    In Him,Tessa
    P.S. I posted my outfit here: http://proverbs31wannabe-tessa.blogspot.com/2012/04/one-skirt-three-days-day-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! I knew you were preggo! Congratulations to you and your hubby! Gosh, I am so excited for you both!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tons of giveaways on todays post. come and see!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww! Congratulations!! I was wondering about your pose as well, now it makes sense! Your outfit is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy for you and your mister!! Congrats and God bless! :)

    TheThriftyLifeforMe
    http://thethriftylife4me.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been a reader of your blog for awhile, but lost the link and I was so thrilled to find it again! Congrats on the little one and I <3 your outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooo, Congratulations! That is so exciting! God bless you as go through this new stage in you life! Baby's are such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats! So exciting!!! Love the outfit:)

    http://www.loganmakesamess.com/2012/04/fashion-messone-skirt-day-three.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh Marie, this is wonderful news!!!! I'll be sure to pray for both you and your baby {awww} as well as your husband :)

    love always,
    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations, Marie! I'm so excited for you and your husband!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie