9.3.12

High + Low


I wanted to share some of my high + lows for the past week. I'm kind of in a emotional/blogging/routine/everything else rut lately, so maybe this will help me get my act together. :-)

Low Points:
-I've been a little sick off and on, just enough to pull me under the weather. I've been sleeping so much I feel like a hibernating bear. My down comforter is just sooo much warmer then the rest of the house!
-My cable bills (3 of them) got lost in the mail and they shut off my internet. Got it straighten out but took a good week before it turned back on!
-Those darlin' puppies of mine ate my brand spanking new computer charger (they chewed the last one up too). Trying to find someone to fix it rather than shilling out the $$ for yet another new one! Until then I'm either on hubby's iPad or at my mom's house borrowing her charger! ^_^
-The cold weather. The cold extremely windy weather. I want Spring already!
-Mopping the living room floor 20 x's a day due to muddy puppy paws. Okay, maybe like 5 x's. But it seems like 20!

High Points:
-Reconnecting with good friends. Living overseas can get super lonely, it's so nice to know I still have people that I can count on even if they live an ocean apart from me! Yay for emails + ichat + Skype + FB messaging. :-)
-Sunshine. I know I complained about the cold weather, but there have been ample amounts of sunshine and that makes me happy. I love feeling the warmth on my face!
-Groggy puppy kisses after they wake up from a long middle of the day nap. It's not fair they can be so evil + adorable at the same time!
-Watching the puppies watch monkey shows on Animal Planet at 4 in the morning when I can't sleep. The puppy head tilts of confusion over monkeys running in slow motion just crack me up.
-Cream cheese frosting. Is sooo good. 
-Getting tulips for women's day! Tulips are one of my favorite flowers, they are just so cheery + bright.
-Reading a good book series while huddled next to a warm wood stove. Just finished The River of Time series written by Lisa Tawn Bergren. I highly recommend them! They were enchanting + lovely to read. 

>>>>>> <<<<<<

So, I suppose my high's overcome the low's. I guess I just had to write it all down to see it that way. Do you ever get in a rut? Maybe it is just winter getting to me. It really is a long season (where I live) and I tend to get these feelings about every year around this time! However, it's good for me to stop for a minute and count up my blessings, and I always see that my life is still pretty grand even if it's not spring yet. :-) I hope you will forgive me for not being a faithful blogger + commenter lately, with the computer + internet issues this week I was a bit absent! I'll try to be better in the week to come. :-) Stay tuned, I'll be posting new Polyvore sets on the blog tomorrow!
Until next time,
Marie

6 comments:

  1. wow, a week with no internet?? I would sadly, be a wreck. lol. good "highs" though--funny how that works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I'm sorry about your lows, but I'm glad you have a lot of highs!!
    I would DIE without Internet for a week. It is my lifeline. haha

    Love,
    Manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice. xx

    p.s. I'm having a shoe giveaway if you'd like to check it out. :)
    devorelebeaumonstre.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It definitely looks like more highs than lows to me! Cheers to that, Arielle! I hope you had a wonderful weekend despite the time change!

    ReplyDelete
  5. God knows just the right ratio of highs to lows, doesn't He?

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie