17.3.12

At the Market {my Romania}


>>>>>> <<<<<<

One of my favorite pastimes, living in Romania, is a trip to the market. My favorite ones are outdoor, although you will find many covered indoor markets at well! The vendors are loud and friendly, proud of their produce and all claim to have the best deal. Gypsy children wander around, selling little flowers or simply begging. You'll see groups of old ladies all dressed up in their hats and little handbags, gossiping about their grandkids and slowly browsing down the aisles. Old men haggle loudly trying to bargain the vendor down to the lowest price possible. Bees are always buzzing around the tables piled high with grapes, small birds prowl the ground trying to find dropped berries and crumbs. Depending on the season, you can find just about any kind of produce at the market! From locally grown types such as apples, peppers, onions, cherries, grapes and watermelon...to more exotic imports like bananas, pineapple, avocado, mango or lemons. There are tables just for fresh cut herbs, local honey, fruit syrups and other liquid concoctions, handmade baskets and brooms, wine and cheese, not to mention the aisle just for fresh cut flowers! In the Summertime this is my favorite way to pick up my produce for the week, it is fresh and there is a bigger variety than in the grocery stores. Not to mention better prices too!  :-) I hope you enjoyed hearing a little bit more about my Romania, and seeing the photos!
Xoxo,
Marie

P.S. if you are interested in seeing more posts like this in the future, please leave a comment to let me know! :-)


8 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like a very neat place! :) I should go to my local farmer's market this spring/summer and see what they have there. ;)

    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i would love to someday go to a real outdoor market - i never have and it looks like fun!!! the pictures were great!! and yes, please do more posts like these becuz i love learning more about your life and how things work in a different country. :)

    love,
    manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love seeing more posts like this! It was so amazing to see the Romanian market in full color! What are all those bottles filled with?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to see more about Romania! Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That market looks charming! I would definitely like to read more about your Romania! :)Love the photos too!
    ~Danielle Marie
    http://loveliftedyouandme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds lovely! I enjoyed this post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I used to live in Tajikistan, and these pictures remind me so much of the bazaars there. : ) Thanks so much. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I'd very much love to see more posts about where you live at! I love your photography...the market is so vibrant and lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie