3.2.12

Interview with Kyla Makay - {The Bird's Say I Love You}

Today I am interviewing Makay. :) She is the author of one of my favorite blogs, The Bird's Say "I Love You." Filled with adorable fashion tidbits, encouraging and uplifting thoughts, and bits and pieces of her life's journey...everyone is bound to just love her blog. How could you not? So without further ramblings, let's get into the interview!! :)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Tell us a little bit about yourself!
My name is Kyla Makay, but I go by Ky, and I am currently ending the first major chapter of my life, high school, and moving on to bigger and better things. I have recently been accepted into my top choice for school, Appalachian State University, and I could not be any happier! I am in love with Jesus, Chocolate, Fun Band-Aids {Hello Kitty anyone?}, Evan Sieges, The Color Yellow {Especially with Gray!}, Bows, The Bible, Mari Potato {My Best Friend,} Leather, Light, Photography, Thrifting, Etsy, Burlap, Worship and Country Music, Dancing, Babies' Squealing Laughter, Alaska, Boots, Bunnies, Lace, App State, The Mountains, Anything Vintage, Stickers, and Blogging!

What inspired you to start blogging?
I first started blogging when I was 14, I know, I started young. I wanted to document my upcoming jaw surgery, which I was going to be undergoing at 16. I wanted to give people who were going to go through the same thing information that can only come from those who have experienced it themselves. I had seen a couple blogs on the topic of double jaw surgery, but none as detailed as I needed… none telling me what it was REALLY going to be like. I was inspired to start blogging to share my experiences with those that it could really help; I wanted to bring hope to those who were uncertain as to whether or not they could handle jaw surgery. The Birds Say, “I Love You” was a branch from my jaw blog, “Makay’s Jaw Journey.” I loved blogging, and I wanted to tell others about my life, and the blessings that God was showering me with. I wanted to document all He was doing- and I wanted to share His love with the world… encouraging others to seek His will for their life.

Are there any tips you'd like to throw out there, to help new bloggers get on their feet?
Be yourself! Blogging should be something you enjoy, not an obligation… sometimes you can become so wrapped up in the amount of comments you receive, your goals, your monthly stats, and even your page views, and in turn you may make the mistake of blogging for everyone but yourself- working to “please the crowd.” Don’t do that. Blog for you.

Tell us about your hobbies. What are you favorite pastimes?
Alright, so I obviously love blogging, but other than that I am absolutely addicted to Pinterest. I love to hike, ice skate {fun fact- I used to figure skate,} read my Bible, shop {hehe,} craft/DIY, dance around my room like a nut… ummm… honestly I love life… I try to live everyday to the fullest, chock-full of my favorite things, I would never want the alternative lifestyle- going through the motions? Gross. Live it up, or die without having lived at all.

I hear you have a special someone in your life now! :) In our modern world, pure relationships are so hard to find. Do you have any encouraging words to say to all of those young ladies out there, holding out for their prince charming?
Oh dear, I have the most incredible man on the entire planet to spend the rest of my life with- I am so blessed. I went through an incredibly difficult, draining, and unhealthy relationship before I made it to Evan though, it was a monstrous mistake that I wish I could take back- but then again- I’m glad it happened. I needed to learn what I was worth- I needed to realize that I could not change anyone… I had to go through the fire to be refined- like gold. It says in 1 Peter 1:6&7:“In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.” God really put me through the fire- a desert- where I was faced with many trials- learning through them all… and growing closer to God all the while. He gave me a great gift in Evan and his love for me- but it took time, because I had to find myself in God before I could be with someone else… The best advice I can give to all of the girls/women looking for their Prince Charming is- WAIT. Just wait. Dance with your Daddy {God} until He lets the perfect man step in. Don’t settle, because you are afraid of being lonely {God promises in Hebrews 13:4, “I will never leave you; I will never forsake you.”} He will cherish you- and He will provide for you. I would encourage you to write down {as silly as you may feel} a list of qualities {not just physical, but spiritual and emotional} that you want in a future husband--- then STICK to it. Don’t settle for less. L devotions ook for a spiritual leader- someone who will respect and honor you and serve you above all else. Look for a man who will treat you like the treasure you really are! And then pray and wait for God to provide for you. He will. His love never fails. But until that day, dance with Him- bask in His presence- become a better woman- prepare your heart for the man He is molding for you as we speak…

As we close up this interview, would you like to share a verse or something special that has spoken to your heart lately?
I have been doing a study at my church called, “40 Days in the Word” by Rick Warren, with the intention of learning to love and live the Word of God everyday. It is a very practical, yet powerful study that has really touched my heart, and my life. I have always struggled with staying in God’s Word every single day- I have gone through highs and lows, and never really been constant in my devotions. My pastor, Pastor Kendrick, said something last Sunday that I have really been reflecting on and found inspirational. He said,“In Exodus chapter 16 it tells the story of Manna and Quail. The Lord told Moses that He would provide his people with Manna {bread} every day, and that they were to collect what they needed, take it back to their tents, but the Manna would go bad {rot} by the next morning. Moses told the people, but many of them took more than they needed to store {not listening to the Lord’s commands,} but found it to be rotted the next morning. BUT there was new Manna for them to collect for THAT day… You see. Like Manna- the Word of God feeds us, the Bible feeds our soul. Every single day the Lord has Manna for us to fill up with- but the next day the message that we would of gotten from His word will be gone. The good news is He provides fresh spiritual food for us everyday, but the bad news is the message we were supposed to hear yesterday is gone the next day- it has rotted… like the Manna. You have to read the Word of God everyday to receive all that the Lord has for you. When you miss a day of devotions, you are missing what the Lord has to feed you that day…” What he said really spoke to me… it has inspired me to seek out what the Lord has to feed me with His Word each and every day…

I also have been reading Colossians with Evan, and Colossians 3:14 has really spoken to my heart-“And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.”
It has really served as a motivation to live out the love that God calls me to have above everything else- because if you have God’s love- everything else will fall into place.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thank you Ky! It was so much fun to get to know you a little more! ^_^ To all of my lovely readers, don't forget to go over to The Bird's Say "I Love You" to say hello. Wishing everyone a lovely weekend, Marie

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for having me Marie! :)
    BBFF! {Best Blog Friends Forever...} For real. ;)
    And Pinterest addicts who pin off each other. Haha.
    Love!
    Ky
    www.thebirdssay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie