28.1.12

The Story Behind Marie Loves

I started this blog under an alias that all of you have come to know me by, Marie Danielle. My reason for the alias and certain amount of anonymity, was due to some people in my life at the time who were seeking to cause problems and purposly create conflict. Their favorite way to do this was browsing the internet and twisting my words and actions. I was tired of being hurt and ruined, so I just stopped blogging and pretty much gave up on social networking altogether. After awhile, I decided to start Marie Loves under an alias. I could blog my heart out and just be myself without worrying who would judge my actions or twist my words. It has been a beautiful journey, almost two years now! I have made many friends, and come to love all of my followers so much. I fell in love with blogging even more than I had been before, it has become my creative outlet, a source of motivation and encouragement. The anonymity of it gave me freedom to just be me. And the experience has been so rewarding!

I have given this a lot of thought and decided that I'm going to let go of my anonymous status. It's not easy and I'm more than a little nervous about the reaction I'll get! But I want to be able to share more of my beautiful life with all of my beloved friends and readers by opening up. All of those previous troublemakers are still in my life. Sometimes you have to learn to live with it! I am sure that someday one of them will stumble here upon my blog only to start new rumors and gossip, but I am no longer scared. I am a child of the King and I live my life to glorify Him. No, I am not even close to being perfect! I have a lot of shortcomings and I will continue to recognize that. But you know what, being imperfect doesn't scare me at all. That simply means that I am a work in progress. I probably always will be! :) I will make mistakes, I will fail, disappoint, and make wrong decisions. But that is life. And that is okay! I guess you could say, that I'm finally ready to come out of my shell. :)

I'm still going to go by Marie Danielle online. It's something that I've gotten used to and a part of me I'll always love. Plus, it will be a lot less confusing for all of my blogging pals. ^_^ But in case anyone would like to know, my name is Arielle. And this is me.
(ahem. me and my husband to be exact. I didn't have any photos of just me!)

(beautiful photograph by my talented friend and photographer, Katielynn!)


14 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous photo of the two of you! I pray that God will give you wisdom on how to deal with those people in your life. Keep living for Him!
    ~Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys make a beautiful couple! It's great to finally see your face. :)

    I can understand why you went under an alias name. It happens sometimes, but like you said 'you just have to learn to live with it.' And I'm glad that you decided to come out of your shell a bit more. ;)

    Also, I was looking through Katielynn's blog and found this post. Are these your wedding pictures?
    http://www.katielynnphotographyblog.com/2011/10/beautiful-bride-and-love-of-her-life.html

    If so, then you look very gorgeous in that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Aire! ;D *HUGS* And I pray that this time God **won't** allow that to happen to you sweetie. I'm so glad you started blogging again because I missed you girl! :) It's so fun seeing your "name" pop up in my blog reader now.

    I think you are very courageous and brave to do this - to open yourself up again after being so terribly hurt is one of the hardest things to do, I have found. May God bless you for your heart that's turned towards Him! :)

    Love you bunches!!
    ~Rachel~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you decided to do this... it will be awesome to hear more about your life. :) You're beautiful and you and your husband look great together. Also--Arielle is a seriously beautiful name. I hope your un-anonymity goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're soo pretty! And a lot older than I've always pictured you in my mind as. Haha For some reason, I kept picturing you as a teenager, so that's why I was soo surprised when I had heard you got married last summer! ;) lol

    Anyways, I'm glad you showed us all what you (and your husband) look like!!

    God bless,
    Manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful photo! Arielle is a lovely name, but I'm glad you're staying Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you had to deal with that. It's so cool to be able to put a face to you now! I always wondered why you never showed your face. I would love to hear how you met your husband..?
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tagged you on my blog! http://thebeggarsalms.blogspot.com/2012/01/tagged.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad to see what you actually look like after following your for about two years! You actually look close to what I imagined! :) You are very beautiful by the way. And your husband too, not beautiful but handsome. ;) I love your real name!

    -Gabrielle Renee

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad to know your name and face now. Here's to hoping we'll all get to know you much, much better, Arielle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay, I am so glad you did this. I can finally put your blog with your lovely face. :) I admire your courage in doing this, especially after your hard past.

    It's great seeing you Arielle. :)

    -Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! :) You are gorgeous--- I'm so proud of your bravery.
    Love you,
    Ky

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marie, I love your blog & I look forward to hearing more about your life in Romania! I've also nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! Check out my blog to see your nomination and to share the love!

    -Andrea Loree @ Coffee, Chocolate & Pen.
    http://coffeechocolateandpen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is an inspiring post. I admire you for your authenticity and the throwing off of the cover, so to speak, and living boldly in light of being His -- how sweet it is. Yet I adore the fact that Marie Danielle is still a part of you. :)

    Blessings,
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie