21.1.12

How to Love

(image via weheartit.com)



Look to God. He is our perfect example of unconditional and true love. John 3:16 sums it up the best, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." Jesus gave his life for me, a mere sinner. Is that not the perfect picture of love?

Put others first. It sounds a lot more simple than it really is! Before you speak, think of who you are talking to. Before you serve yourself, make sure others are okay. Before taking action, consider who will be affected. Put their feelings and well being, before yours.

Give without expectations. Now this one, is pretty hard. When you go out of your way to do something for someone else, it's only natural to be thinking about how they will respond back at you. But really, if you are giving out of true love, stop those expectations. You should give without ulterior motives or to manipulate. Give without expecting anything in return, it's difficult but very rewarding!

Choose to love. Despite what most people think, real love isn't a feeling. It's an action that you must choose, each and every day. One time I heard someone say that really stuck with me, "True love is a mother getting up and making breakfast for the family every morning." And as simple as that sounds, that is love. Love is the simple actions we choose to make every day for those around us. A mother is a perfect example. I can't speak for all the mom's in the world, but my mom is pretty great. I can go to my mom every time I'm sick, and she'll take care of me, even if it's 2 in the morning or she is busy with something else. My mom is always willing to give of herself, in every way she can, without expecting anything in return...and that is true love. It's an action. It's a choice.

Love,

1 comment:

  1. Amen!
    I love this post.
    Every point was dead on...
    I'm glad our first point was to love God. So true.
    It reflects when you do.
    Ky
    www.thebirdssay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie