19.1.12

The Help {Movie Review}

This movie is set in Mississippi during the 1960's. It's about unlikely friendships developing despite societies rules and morals. It's about courage, doing the right thing, overcoming prejudice and racism when all odds are against you. It is about loyalty and sisterhood, and change.


I saw this movie with my sister and enjoyed it so much! I love the 60's time period in general, the fashion is so lovely. ^_^ The movie was very well done, with beautiful photography and with great actors like Emma Stone and Octavia Spencer. The story line was very interesting and also very eye-opening to the stark racism during that time. It was saddening to see, and convicting about how deep prejudice can go! It was a good reminder to say the least. The courage of the women in this film is very inspiring, at least to me! It had several touching moments, but was also full of humor so it makes for a great mix. I definitely recommend it and will be watching it again myself. It's a DVD I'd love to have on my shelf!

Have you seen The Help?




8 comments:

  1. Have I seen it? Well I'm going to now! haha I had heard mixed reviews but now I really want to see it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED this movie! I bought it for my mom for Christmas, so I got to see it a second time, and it's around for when I get a sudden craving. I read the book as soon as I could after seeing it in the theater, and it is super good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this movie! I've seen it twice already, and it just gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen it. BUT I WANT TO NOW!
    Thanks for the review... the only review I had was from an 18 year old boy who could care less...
    Ky
    www.thebirdssay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This movie is in my "to watch" list. I've heard lots of things about it, and I can't wait to see it for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, I haven't seen it, but thanks for the review! I always look up movies on PluggedIn.com to review them, like, for bad things. And, I was watching 'the Today Show' a few mornings ago, and they were broadcasting about the Golden Globes, and Octavia Spender was there! Her dress was a light purple flowy number. Very pretty!!

    Love,
    Manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen it yet, but I really really want to! It sounds like a great film!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marie - Awesome review of a fabulous film (as usual). I loved it too & it is definitely touching. Since you seemed to enjoy it as much as I did, I thought I'd pass another movie along to you that is coming out next month. Deadline tells the true story of the murder of an African American youth in the rural South that has gone unsolved and unpunished for over twenty years. All of that starts to change when Nashville Times reporter Matt Harper meets an optimistic young blueblood bent on discovering the truth. Harper undertakes the investigation despite the opposition of his publisher, violent threats from mysterious forces, a breakup with his fiancée and his father’s cancer diagnosis.Check out the trailer at deadlinefilm.com - it's worth your time & the themes of redemption throughout the movie will touch your heart. Thanks for your blog - it's always a pleasure!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie