24.12.11

Things To Do On Christmas Day

(image via weheartit.com)

Take a walk with your sweetheart, family or some friends! Whether it's sunshiny and warm or you are having a white Christmas, it's nice to get some fresh air.

Pull out the board games! My favorite is Monopoly, but no one usually wants to play with me! :) My second favorite is Blokus, super fun!

Do a craft with your siblings. You could make paper snowflakes, personalized ornaments to hang on the tree, or some homemade thank-you cards to send out after the holiday!

Watch a classic Christmas movie. Among my favorites are Charlie Browns Christmas, Meet Me In St. Louis, Elf (!), and It's a Wonderful Life.

Write a long heartfelt letter to someone you haven't talked to in a while.

Start putting together a scrapbook with all the memories from the past year.

Make a snowman. Or snow angels!!

Learn a new card game.

Read the Christmas story. It never gets old!

Call a family member or friend that you haven't seen in a while. Which reminds me, I need to call my grandparents tonight! ^_^

Take a family photo in front of the tree.

Decorate sugar cookies with your family! Even my husband likes doing this with me. ^_^

Overall, make sure you relax, breathe, and enjoy the people around of you. Life is so short and the ones we love won't always be here.

~

This Christmas I am so thankful to have my family together. We might not be the healthiest, richest, or strongest family in the world. Sometimes we argue and fight, we change and grow, life sometimes tears us apart. But we are family. We always will be. I know that they love me, and I love them with all my heart. I am so very blessed and even with all of our problems and imperfections, I wouldn't change a thing! This Christmas, my only plans thus far is to just have fun together! :) If you have any other ideas to add, or family traditions to share, please leave a comment below! :)
Merry Christmas Eve!
Marie

3 comments:

  1. I like the going on a walk idea. ;)
    Merry Christmas to you too! Is this your first Christmas together with your husband? ;)
    Hope it's a wonderful one!
    Blessings,
    Beth Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beth Ann! I spent last Christmas Day with my husband too, but we were just friends back then!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely ideas! And I just have to say...I love the picture of the ornaments. They're so beautiful and sparkly. :D

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie