21.11.11

Making a House a Home.


Something about having plants in the house is so nice. I've moved around a lot in my life, but my mom always had plants and somehow that little gesture made it feel more like home!


And now here I am with my own little apartment. It still doesn't quite feel like home to me. I'm working on it! But I do have a nice little collection of plants already....


...And I must admit that hubby takes care of them more than I do. I am not very good with plants and flowers indoors, unless you want them to die, then I am quite good! ;D
Anyway. I don't know why, but having plants in the house always made it feel more like a home and less like a house.

~

What makes your house a home?

2 comments:

  1. I agree... plants add life.
    Makay
    www.thebirdssay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, what a sweet little post! :D

    I am not too good with plants either...our family is very good at killing the indoor kind. ;) Lol! Whoops! But I do love having plants around too...my grandma always had lot's of plants in her old house before she moved in with my aunt and I loved seeing them and smelling them! :D So I think I shall have to try my hand at it when I set up housekeeping too. ;)

    Have fun with the rest of your decorating and housekeeping! :D *that's the fun part I think*. ;)

    Love and Hugs!
    ~Rachel~

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie