28.11.11

D-I-Y Christmas {day 2}


For the second day of this years D-I-Y Christmas projects, we have handmade card sets! Making handmade cards is one of my favorite crafty things to do. There is a lot of inspiration out there and so many cute things to buy. It can be as simple or complicated as you want to make it! :) In the past I've just used paper and supplies I've collected individually, but lately I've put to good use some cute card making kits my mom bought for me! They aren't horribly expensive and it's great to have so many papers and embellishments that you can mix and match for a set of cards. I've always been a lover of stationary and I'm sure I'm not the only one out there! This would be a great little gift for a mom, teacher, or another special lady in your life! :)


I'm posting a tutorial as it doesn't really need one! Beyond your basic papers and embellishments, all you will need that I recommend is:

scissors
hole punch
glue
adhesive foam squares
double sided tape squares
ruler (in case you need to line things up or center things!)


I'm giving this set to my Sister-in-law as she likes flowers and bright colors! :)
I thought it was especially cheery and cute!


You can package it many ways, but I usually just stack them with their envelopes and tie a little ribbon around to keep them all together! This is the only ribbon I had around the house today (:p) but it would probably look a lot cuter with some curling ribbons or a thicker ribbon and a bow! :)

Until next time,
Marie

1 comment:

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie