21.11.11

D-I-Y Christmas {day 1}

Throughout the next week or so I'm going to be sharing 7 D-I-Y projects that I am working on for Christmas. Most of them are small, and would make good little stocking stuffers! I haven't always been the best explainer but hopefully with the help of the pictures you will be able to understand the instructions. ^_^


First up, paper covered clothespins! Everyone uses clothespins. I use them mostly in the kitchen for holding bags shut or closing a package. :) And after seeing how other people made their own cute versions of clothespins using fabric, modpodge, or glitter....I thought I'd try it myself with paper. Why use plain old wooden ones when you could have some in any color or print you'd like?


All you will need is;

wooden clothespins.
scissors.
glue. (i used a strong all purpose glue.)
scrapbooking paper of your choosing.
{hot chocolate is optional. ^_^}


First, I cut out a little guide on a piece of scrap paper I have laying around (in my case, an old Sephora coupon that was on my coffee table!!) so I make sure I cut out the right size. Then, using my guide I cut out however many pieces of scrapbooking paper that I need. Two for each clothespin.


Then simply rub glue evenly onto your clothespins and add the paper. It can slid around a little at first so make sure you move it to exactly where you want it! :)


Ta da! Yes. They really are that simple to make. And much more cuter than how they were in their plain wooden state, don't you think? ^_^


As another option, you can add a magnet on the back! This way you can use it on the fridge to hold notes, recipes or photos. :) For this set, I also made a little card out of thicker paper to display them on when I give them as a gift.
And there you go. Simple, easy, and very practical!
If you have any question feel free to ask in the comments below. :)
XO,
Marie

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea! So cute.
    I will be trying this. Soon.
    Makay
    www.thebirdssay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful, Marie! Do you take the photos on your blog? If so, they are super lovely!!

    I just love your blog here. Adorable! <3

    -Lucia @ Umbrella Girl

    www.one-beloved.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie