11.4.11

{3} Spring Mood Boosters

After a long Winter... there is nothing better than the arrival of Spring. Flowers start to bloom, feet slip into sandals, the days get longer and parks are full of happy smiling faces again.

{Then the cold front arrives.}

You know. That one. The one that starts off as a "oh it's just a overcast day, the sun will come out again tomorrow! I'll just cheer the cold away with my Spring happiness!" but after like... a week... temperatures crash and snow flurries start up again. (for reals, it snowed over the weekend in my neck of the woods.)

It is kind of discouraging, at least to me. I'm not the melancholy type, but even I start to feel a little blue this time of the year! In the spirit of trying to boost my mood, here are some things I like to practice to pick me up. They might be small but they always cheer me up. :) I thought I would share them with you and hey, who knows, maybe it will cheer you up as well. ^_^


{1} Fresh fruit. Don't laugh, I'm serious. The next trip to the market, pick up some fresh fruit. Whatever looks good, is a favorite, and/or is on sale. (Preferably all three if you are lucky! Hehe.) On a dreary cold Spring afternoon, chop it all up and enjoy. Believe me, a bowl of strawberries and cream can lift even the worst of moods.


{2} Buy some fresh cut flowers. It's okay if you don't have the money to splurge on something like, ahem, the roses above! Just pick up a couple of blooms or hey, there is no shame in picking wild flowers!! I love flowers. They are a true picture of beauty and always put a smile on my face when I see their happy little faces peeking out of my favorite vase.


{3} Fresh manicure. Need I say more? Okay, I do realize that not all of my readers might be manicure lovers as I am, but I just had to add this one anyhow! Go visit your favorite salon if you are really in the mood for pampering, but it's just as well to do one yourself. My only suggestion is the go bright and/or... your most favoritest color! Personally, I like purples and blues. They always make me smile the most. ^_^

~

So there you go. My 3 best mood boosters. :)

~

What are your favorite pick-me-ups?

(all images via weheartit.com)

4 comments:

  1. Chocolate and taking pictures of cute people and things! :)
    ~Madeline
    p.s. check out the giveaway on my blog: http://flameinthedarkness.com/spring-has-sprung-a-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
  2. No tights even though it's still 45 degrees outside, spring colors on my nails and what is that I see outside? The sun! It's been staying light untill after 8 and this makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, I love the idea of buying flowers, I haven't done that in a while, my boost boost me up is doing my laundry, I know it sounds weird becaue it's actually more work but I love doing MY laundry, taking the time to air dry my clothes, fold them neatly, another thing that lifts me up is taking long walks, I love it.=D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had this post in the back of my mind for a while so when today was an exhausting, cranky wreck I bought myself a cream soda, some strawberries and some nail polish. Much better. Ooh and the sun is finally shining too! So that helps. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie