4.2.11

{Valentine's Day} For Singles ♥

I am single. And I know there are a lot of other girls out there as single as I am! On February 14th.. everything is about love. Roses and chocolate, hearts, hugs and kisses.. Depending on your viewpoint, you might think it adorable and dream about the future possibilities....or all of the romance in the air could send you into depression! I am somewhere in the middle. While I refuse to mope around dressed in black and call it single awareness day, I'm also not the type to sit around day dreaming about my future Prince Charming! I think this day can be a lot of fun, even if you are single...and here are some ideas of how you might like to spend it this year.

~

Treat yourself.
You are beautiful, special and loved by God. Of course you deserve to treat yourself once in a while! Go get a manicure in your favorite shade, or splurge on lunch at your favorite restaurant. Buy yourself a bouquet of flowers, or visit a new museum you've been dying to go to. Whatever you do, go out and enjoy yourself and remember how blessed your life has been thus far! Keep a thankful and positive attitude. No moping about past regrets and failures. Life is a beautiful journey, cherish every moment!

Treat Others.
Know of someone lonely and going through a hard time? Why not take the day to make them feel loved and special! Treat a friend to lunch, or donate time to a local charity. Giving to others is one of the most fulfilling things you can do to ensure a happy and contented life! You will never regret it. ^_^

Group Event.
If you have a bunch of single buddies...why not plan to host a party? From a pampered spa themed sleepover to a formal dinner, the options are endless! If parties aren't really your thing, you can still get together with some friend to go see a movie or to enjoy pizza and bowling. Whatever you decide, it is bound to be a lot of fun with your friends!


Get Sentimental.
~Write letters to all the important people in your life, letting them know how special they are and how much you love that they are a part of your life!
~Do you have a bucket list? Try to check off one or a few today! If you don't have one yet, why not write one out today? :)
~Start a prayer journal to hold all of your heart's inner most requests, desires and love to God.
~Make a specialized photo album for a family member or friend. Write little notes and add fun doodles and decorations to make it something they will treasure in the years to come.

~

How do you feel about Valentine's Day?
What are your plans for this year?

7 comments:

  1. Those are some great ideas!
    Here's another.....A couple years ago we had a free babysitting night at our house and opened it up to the families at church. That was a fun way to spend the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and my friends were going to have a sleepover BUT my other friend broke her wrist in seven different places, so we had to cancel.
    I will say that my favorite thing about Valentine's Day is the CANDY!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are all very good ideas. i am always somewhere "inbetween" also.
    this year my family are going to give soup and a flower to all the elderly ladies in our neighborhood. (most of them are widows)
    it really cheers them up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all such lovely ideas. *taking note and writing down...

    I will probably put on a marathon of chick flicks and hang with some best girl buds. And eat of course. Like lots of tea and goodies. And maybe cook a superbly delectable meal–because I love, love, to cook!

    Thanks for the ideas!!
    Jeanine
    contemplations-onlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas from you girls as well! I love that from Ashley...going to give soup and flowers to the elderly! So kind. It probably cheers their whole week up! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a teacher in high school who didn't celebrate anything special for Valentine's Day. He said men should treat their wives as special every day and that sort of forever changed my thoughts on Valentine's Day. I think you've laid out some excellent ideas! Reminds me a bit of this post:
    http://afancifultwist.typepad.com/a_fanciful_twist/2011/01/a-secret-sweet-treat.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. For the past couple years, a group of us girls at my church get together on a Saturday {before Valentines, or the weekend of Valentines} and baked cookies for all the elderly in our church. We then pass out the cookies the next day while everyone is at church. It's my favorite thing to do for Valentines. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie