28.2.11

Confession ♥

I don't have very pretty nails. They are short. Reeeally short. And my hands...oh my hands...they are battle scarred and worn. Mainly from washing a lot of dishes and landscape work in the Summer. There were a few incidents with a cat also but we won't talk about that. ^_^ To compensate for all the lack of ladylike-ness in this area of my life, I love having a pretty manicure! It makes me feel much more girly and definitely puts a smile on my face. I know, it doesn't really make sense..."umm if she doesn't take care of her hands and nails in the first place why on earth does she spend $$ on a manicure?" I don't know. That's just me! ^_^ Okay so I'm not exactly sure why I just shared all of that lovely info with you but I said it all to SAY, check out my latest awesome manicure! I am so in love with this pretty lavender shade...with grey tones and everything. My favorite. This girl is very happy. And feeling very girly. ♥


~
What makes you feel girly?
~

5 comments:

  1. Soooo pretty! I've had a manicure two times (with just the paint... no fake nails or anything). What makes me feel girly? Wearing my cowboy boots. I'm not sure why.... but I love it and it makes me feel utterly feminine. Go figure. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wearing skirts and doing something really pretty with my hair :) I really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it's silly at all, Marie!! Every young woman loves and wants to feel pretty and special and we all deserve to. For me the most beautiful women I know have wrinkled, scarred hands, some with extremely short nails. They are women who are hard workers...just like laugh lines you can see their beautiful life and trials through their weathered lovely hands. Call me crazy, but this I do truly believe!

    You rock those lovely manicured hands of yours, you hear!? =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I just bought some AWESOME red nail polish, and I'm like such a *happyhappy* girl! I am craving red polish for like E.V.E.R.!!!! And I finally got some!!! hehe
    love,
    Manda

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie