2.12.10

Thursday - What I Wore

I would like to start doing more outfit posts but I have a hard time remembering to take photos. :) I did remember once this week though! So here ya go. It seems like lately I've been mixing up my basics a lot. Especially when it comes to colors...browns, blacks, white, tan and grays... I have been combining them a lot and am still not sure how I feel about it! I really like the simplicity and neutral look of it, but don't know if there are any specific rules you are suppose to follow when combining these kind of colors! Today I have a grey cardigan on with a bronze skirt paired with black leather boots. The grey seemed kind of washed out and I felt like the whole outfit needed a little energy so I added a dark pink scarf to cheer it up a little. Alright, on to the photos...



~
Here are my new leather boots I picked up last week. I've been looking for a pair as I seriously needed to replace my last boots, but held out for a while looking for a style I liked that came with a reasonable price as well! :) Very happy with these, they are a good mix of comfort and style and can be worn with most of my clothes. So yes. I'm happy. :)


~
{Specs}
Cardigan - Banana Republic
Cami - Forever 21
Skirt - H&M
Boots - Dave Mayer
Scarf - JC Penny
Earrings - Meli Melo

6 comments:

  1. Awesome outfit!!! Those boots are so chic. (:

    ~lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, Marie! I think the scarf choice was wise! :) My mom has this wierd thing about not wearing black and brown together...so I do it now to bug her! LOL!
    Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your whole outfit! And do you know what is funny?? I am wearing a sweater from Banana Republic.

    ~Hannah Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would so wear that outfit, Marie! Very chic! Personally I love wearing articles of clothing in grey, black and cream. I think those sort of neutral colors are quite casually-elegant. The scarf was a great idea to add some colored flare to your outfit though...maybe now I'll remember to wear my pink scarf with my outfits that are similar to the one you are wearing in your pics. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Especially the skirt, with it's shiny-ness (LOL--a lot of my adjectives lately have had a --ness thrown on.) Thank you for posting!

    Celine

    iradessa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The skirt is darling. So are the boots. End of story. ;)
    ~Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie