31.7.10

Summer Haul

I've got some new stuff that I've wanting to share with ya, and I finally got around to uploading photos so lets get started! :)

I'm a long time Avon lover, the quality is good and the prices are great! The only thing I don't like is the whole ordering from a catalog thing. Maybe it's just me but I really like seeing stuff in person! I've been needing some new eye shadow to replace my go-to colors (don't you hate it when your favorites run out?) and when I saw these two palettes I decided to go for it. Eye shadow is one products I've never used from Avon but I am definitely a fan now! It goes on smooth and blends really well I thought. Click here to see this shadow in store.

This is a dress I won from DownEast Basics, you can see it in store here. I ordered the XS and found the sizing to be nearly perfect! I was hoping that the length wouldn't be too long as I'm on the short side, but it hits me right below my knee which is great. It was a little low in the front on me I thought, but that isn't a problem, I just added a cami underneath. Voila. I am pleased with the quality but have only worn it once so I'm still curious to see how good the shape and fabric will last!

Isn't the tag cute? I thought so. ^_^

Oh this dress. I love this dress. On a whim trip to the mall last week with my mom, whilst in a store that I wasn't looking at clothing for myself, I saw it. Knit... knit is my favorite. It skims over everything so nicely and is really comfortable. Emphasis on comfort. I like comfort. ^_^ It was simple and not exactly what I usually pick out to wear but I decided to try it on. And wow am I glad that I did! It fits really well, is the perfect length, and I lovve that it has wide straps & a higher neckline so that I don't have to layer underneath it. Plus the sleeve area fits nice and snug so there isn't any gaping or bra peeking. It has a cool drape to the front that is connected to pockets, which obviously are awesome. Who doesn't love pockets? I have already been wearing it a lot and have found that it is going to transition into fall very good as it looks really cute with boots and a cardigan! (yes it was that cold here last week... eww. Why is Summer so messed up this year?) Oh, and it looks a little see through in the above photo, I don't know why, but it's not in real life! :)

More dress details. BTW the brand is Jake's, and I bought it at Peek & Cloppenburg for $16.

Last but definitely not least... the newest hat in my collection! :) I am a huge fan of stripes that are so in style this season but have had a hard time actually finding ones that I like, to buy. I actually don't think I have any striped clothing, but I've gotten some cute striped accessories this year. This hat being one of them! I love newsboy caps and the material and print on this one is just darling. I think I spent $5 on it if I remember correctly.

~

Well there you go, hope that I didn't bore you to much! :) I have a few more dresses to show you but that will have to wait till a later post. I've never owned very many dresses, but I love how easy and put together they are. So this year I decided to mainly just shop for dresses. If possible, ones that I could wear through more than just one season and would make good wardrobe staples. I didn't have very good luck in my search for a long time, but in the past two weeks I've found three! Yay! I'm very excited to have found good deals for great versatile dresses. I'd still like to get a few more, but now that I have my fill of knit I'm looking to get some heavier dresses that will work for Fall and Winter. Okay enough rambling on my part! :) Until next time,
marie

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I have to same two eyeshadow sets! I love them and yes, I get disappointed when my favorite color runs out because my normal "go to shades" are sparkly light purple and baby blue.

    I love the hot pink dress! Very cute! I agree that it looks a little too low cute, so I LOVE cami's because not only does it make it modest, but it adds another touch of color.

    Blessings,
    Maggie
    www.foreverfindingmybliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely dresses! the second one looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie