1. Have a picnic! Pack a light lunch, plenty of cold drinks, a big blanket, and of course bring a friend or two! The relaxing fun options you have are endless; read a book, talk & laugh, play games (badminton anyone?) or just lay in the sunshine and watch the clouds roll by. Picnics are priceless and I'm a firm believer that every Summer should have one.
2. Give yourself a pedicure. Feet tend to get a little beat up in the Summer, take an evening to pamper your toes! Here is an article from Marie Claire with some great tips.
3. Drive with the windows down and the radio cranked up. Okay I'll admit I am one of those people who loves this year around, ahem, despite the temperature! But seriously, there is no better way to relax after a long day than driving home with the wind blowing your hair and hearing your favorite song come on.
4. Clean out your closet and drop at least one bag off at your local thrift store. Most of us have far more clothes than we need, and several items we don't even wear! As the rule goes, if you haven't worn it in a year chances are you aren't gonna wear in the next year either! :) It always feels cleansing and rejuvenating to give from what we have. And hey, everyone loves a clean closet!
5. Make a Summer beverage. Usually I tend to make the same things all the time, iced tea, lemonade... but it does get boring after a while! Look out for easy cool beverage recipes to try out this Summer. It's fun to switch things up! Personally I can't wait to try this Pineapple Cooler I found on BHG.
6. Watch the sunset. Grab a glass of that delicious cool drink you just made and sit back to watch the beauty unfold before your eyes. Almost every sunset is unique and I spend many of my Summer nights enjoying them.
7. Put together a photo album or two! In our modern times we tend to let photos sit safely on our hard drives to simply be forgotten. Don't let this happen! Make a bunch of prints and put together some fun albums, whether it have a special theme or just be filled with random happy memories. Place them somewhere easy to access, so on your down days you can pick one up and they will be sure to bring a smile to your face! :)
8. DIY Ice cream sundaes. Oh. Such a Summer must have! Go to your favorite grocery store and stock up on lots of toppings; sprinkles, strawberries, fudge sauce, whipped cream, crushed cookies, carmel sauce, marshmallows, peanuts, bananas, and of course, cherries! ;) Get a gallon or two of vanilla ice cream and invite lots of friends. You'll need help finishing all that sweetness!
9. Splurge on a bouquet of flowers. Or if you are lucky you can pick them right out of your garden! Put them in a place you'll be sure to see them all throughout your day, they will bring in the beauty of the outdoors and brighten your room!
10. Go offline. Unplug your computer and turn off your phone. Even if it's only for a day! It really helps to get your mind off of everything and forces you to enjoy the everyday things around you.
~image via weheartit.com~