20.6.10

Modesty, and What it Means to Me.

Modesty is a widely discussed topic in the christian circle. Just google it and you will find article after article listing do's and don'ts, rules, scriptures, beliefs and opinions. And some of us grew up knowing all of that stuff anyways. So I'm not going to talk about all of that today, if you want to know the nitty gritty than there are hundreds of articles on the interwebs to inform you about all that. Today I am just going to keep it simple and tell you what modesty means to me as a christian teen. :)


-Modesty means respecting not only God and others, but myself and my body. So what if I had great boobs, why should I show them to world? Why?


-Modesty protects me. I don't want guys treating me like a piece of meat, and you probably don't either. But if I've got miles of skin showing what is that telling them? By dressing modestly it tells them I'm a lady. And I want to be treated as such.


-Modesty puts peoples focus on the inside rather than the outside. I want people to like me for my personality and heart rahter than my outside.


-Modesty honors God. I'm his child and I want to look like I belong to him.


-Modesty tells others that you care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thank's so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I love hearing feedback from my readers, your comments bring sunshine into my day! Please no anonymous commenters, sign your comment with your name or a nickname so I know who you are! :-) Wishing you a fabulous day, XO, Marie